As Auckland University of Technology (AUT) prepares to welcome delegates from all over the world to our 30th Anniversary Conference celebrations (abstract submission window closes on 28th July; click here for details), the ANZALS Board invites you and your colleagues to consider the many benefits attached to bringing our community to your campus/city in 2025.
The biennial ANZALS Conference is the premier event for Australian and New Zealand-based leisure scholars, providing an inclusive, collegial setting for teachers, researchers, students, policymakers and practitioners to come together and share their stories. Our three-day conference provides an opportunity for hosts and guests to establish new and/or enhance existing relationships with industry partners, including possible research funders.
Previous hosts have successfully leveraged the ANZALS conference to raise the profile of their research activities, the research team (staff and students), as well as their department, faculty and university. Many have also provided students with the chance to work alongside the organising committee, offering them a chance to discover the true depth and breadth of the leisure studies domain.
Expressions of interest should be no longer than three pages and include the following information.
- Proposed host/co-host (university, campus, city) and dates. While the conference is notionally scheduled for early December, there is some flexibility to explore alternative dates around that time.
- Primary contact (proposed conference chair), plus names of at least three key members of the Local Organising Team (LOC).
- Possible theme (previous themes can be found on the past conferences page of the ANZALS Website).
- Past experience/expertise in hosting academic conferences/symposiums and an indicative budget, including key cost centres and registration fees for members, non-members, students, sector specials, etc.
- Proof of support from the senior leadership team within your academic institution, e.g. Faculty Dean.
For further details and to submit your EOI, please email Dr Richard Wright at email@example.com
Templates from past conference EOI and a draft of the ANZALS Conference MoU can be provided upon request, providing applicants with more details regarding the requirements and expectations of the ANZALS Board (e.g. inclusion of time for AGM, themed sessions, the Trans-Tasman Challenge etc.).
The deadline for EOI submissions is 20th August 2023 at midnight, according to New Zealand Time (NZT), and a decision will be made at the September board meeting.
The winning team will then work with Dr Wright on the construction of an MoU that must be signed prior to the 2023 Conference. The 2025 hosts will be revealed and given a chance to present their vision at the 2023 awards dinner on Thursday, December 7th.