The current ANZALS Board is seeking to recruit a HDR student who will serve a minimum one (1) year term from December 2022 – December 2023.
The Board meets quarterly and oversees the management of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Leisure Studies.
Board Members are expected to participate in Committee activities and attend Committee meetings as required.
ANZALS was established in 1991 to promote the further development of research and scholarship in leisure studies. ANZALS conducts biennial academic conferences (the next one scheduled in Auckland in 2023) and established the peer reviewed journal Annals of Leisure Studies in 1998 (published by Taylor & Francis).
- To represent the views of students on all matters in relation to ANZALS.
- To attend four board meetings a year (3 remotely and 1 face-to-face). The face-to-face meeting, on a conference year will be held prior to the conference at the location of the conference. On a non-conference year this will be held at a location at the discretion of the board or online.
- Submit a report to the board on a quarterly basis. This report will be spoken to at the board meeting.
- Assist other office bearers when called upon.
In 2023, the ANZALS Student Representative will be required to:
- Communicate with all student members either by email or the ANZALS Research Degree and Early Career Academic Forum Facebook page.
- Assist with the development and management of a Research students’ workshop to be held during the conference.
- Co-ordinate the research student scholarship program–including the advertising, application, and selection processes. A selection committee needs to be established for the scholarships.
Applicants for the ANZALS Student Representative Board position need to:
- Be currently enrolled as a Masters or a PhD student with an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Be a member of ANZALS OR be willing to become one.
How to Apply:
Please submit a one-page (maximum) Expression of Interest and your CV for the role by Sunday, 6 November 2022 to ANZALS President, Oscar Vorobjovas-Pinta email@example.com
Questions about the role are encouraged and welcome.